NEWS & EVENTS
At Elk River Senior Living, we pride ourselves on the engaging environment we foster for our residents. Whether it’s holiday gatherings in our club room or warm greetings in the hallways, our community is full of life and excitement. Staff is always present to lend a helping hand, delivering top-of-the-line, personalized services every day.
CURRENT INDOOR VISITATION STATUS - LIMITED VISITATION ALLOWED
Elk River Senior Living is currently permitted to allow limited visitors into our building.
To learn more about what this means for you and your loved one, please read our Indoor Visitation Activities Policy.
PATIO VISITS ARE NOW OPEN TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
During these trying times, we understand the importance of social interaction with loved ones for the health and well-being of our residents. However, adhering to safety protocols and social distancing guidelines is essential to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and keep residents, associates, and visitors safe at Elk River Senior Living. We are now scheduling in-person visits with friends, family, and outside caregivers in an outdoor setting to ensure proper social distancing. Upon arrival, all visitors will be screened and required to wear protective equipment including masks for the duration of the visit.
For more information or to set up an outdoor visit with your loved one, please contact the concierge at 763.276.7076.
INFORMATION FOR ESSENTIAL CAREGIVERS
At Elk River Senior Living, we recognize the critical role family members and outside caregivers play in the care and support of our residents. Now more than ever, in-person interaction is crucial for a resident’s overall health and well-being, especially for those with cognitive impairments, visual or hearing issues, or mobility limitations.
For more information and guidance on essential caregivers for residents in long-term care, please visit:
ILLNESS PREVENTION STATEMENT
To Our Residents and Family Members: KEY STRATEGIES FOR COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS
Given the congregate nature and population we serve (older adults often with underlying chronic medical conditions), our residents are at an increased risk of serious illness due to COVID-19. As the number of infections continues to rise across the nation and in the state of Minnesota, we anticipate the eventuality of cases directly affecting our community in the immediate future.
Based on updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health, we have a plan in place and are taking additional steps to help mitigate the spread of the virus in our community and ensure the continued safety of our residents and associates.
Additional preparedness strategies include:
- Implementation of all COVID-19 preparedness recommendations BEFORE cases are identified
- Address asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic transmission including taking associates’ temperature twice daily
- Designate an area within the building to care for residents with suspected or confirmed COVID-19; implement a special staffing plan for that location
- Initiate measures to optimize supply of PPE for healthcare staff members
- Quickly identify and manage severe illness
We understand how difficult this situation has been for everyone. Our residents’ health and safety is our number one priority and we continue to follow social distancing protocols. However, we are making every effort to ensure engagement and connection with family members and loved ones, as well as continued fun and laughter throughout our beloved community.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact the Office of the Executive Director directly. Thank you for your continued support, understanding, and patience as we navigate these unprecedented circumstances.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS): https://www.cms.gov/
Minnesota Department of Health: https://www.health.state.mn.us/
STEPS WE’RE TAKING TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE:
- We are eliminating all outings to public spaces including grocery stores, religious services, shopping malls, theaters, and casinos.
- We strongly recommend that residents cancel or postpone all upcoming travel, including flights and cruises.
- Residents returning to the community following a hospital stay must be screened prior to their arrival.
- Adding supplemental screening measures for new residents to ensure they have not been exposed.
- Prohibiting building access to those residents who have reason to believe they or someone they’ve been in close contact with have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Prohibiting building access to anyone who has traveled abroad in the past 14-days or anyone sharing a household with a person who has traveled abroad in the last 14-day.
Additional cleaning protocols include:
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing of all high-traffic common areas such as dining rooms and activity spaces.
- Regular cleaning of high touch point areas including handrails, door handles, elevator buttons, and faucets.
- Implementing strict handwashing procedures per CDC guidelines for all associates.
- Supplying our associates with the appropriate protective clothing, such as gowns and gloves, in the event they interact with a resident who appears to be symptomatic.
Residents and family members are asked to:
- Update emergency contact information to ensure we have the most recent data. Please reach out to our Executive Director or Director of Nursing to update your phone number or email address.
- Practice appropriate handwashing: use soap and water and wash hands for a MINIMUM of 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face – eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough: if you need to cough or sneeze, do so into the crook of your elbow. Discard used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands and hugging.
- Use the alcohol-based hand sanitizer found throughout the building.
If you are a resident and experience a cough, fever, sore throat, running nose, and/or shortness of breath, please stay inside your apartment and contact an associate immediately.